Monday, December 13, 2010

christmas candle



saturday night we were invited to a party!

i was excited about this one!

it was kid friendly and involved eating comfort food, roasting marshmallows, and a lighted boat parade!

i forgot that i wanted to make a hostess gift until it was almost time to leave!

so, i took what i had and made this simple but festive candle in a matter of ten minutes!

i found everything at the dollar store!

religious candle (blank), white satin ribbon, green faux pine stems, twine, and jingle bells!

i hot glued the white ribbon onto the candle, twisted the stems into a wreath and hot glued it onto the ribbon, and tied the jingle bell onto the wreath with some twine!

and there you have it!

a quick and i think, beautiful gift!

i had other plans for all these items but now i think i will be making some of these for my home!


stay warm!


*julie
check it out!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I'm adding this to my list of simple crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    What a great hostess gift! Can you believe our FL weather, I had to scrape my car windows a couple days ago... Stay warm (secretly I love this, it feels like Christmas)!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!