Monday, May 17, 2010

~ bruschetta ~



~ ingredients ~


9 roma tomatoes

5 garlic cloves

3/4 cup toasted pine nuts

2 sprigs of fresh basil leaves

10 tablespoons olive oil

salt & pepper to taste

toasted baguette rounds

shredded asiago cheese



~ recipe ~


chop the tomatoes in small bite size pieces.


mince garlic and basil.


gently toss tomatoes, garlic, basil, pine nuts, and olive oil until well blended.


top each baguette round with a heaping spoonful of mixture.


sprinkle asaigo cheese on top.



yum!!!


this bruschetta has such a wonderful fresh taste!


what a great way to use those tomato and herb gardens!


an easy summertime appetizer, snack, or even dinner!



enjoy!


*julie
i joined the fun at under the table and dreaming and the final diy day with kimba!

14 comments:

  1. Well hello Julie - it's nice to see a post from you! This looks delish...so simple. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummmilish!!! Can't wait to make it this weekend!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful blog and beautiful family! And this post is making me very hungry even though it is 3AM! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all YUMMO on this post! I will have to use this one sooner then later. Thank you for sharing.

    As far as the needle and thread for the superhero cuffs, I just used a standard size needle and the thread was some I had laying around, but the thicker the gage the stronger for durability. Hope this helps! I would love to see yours.

    xo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this looks great! Thanks for sharing. BTW...head over to my blog. You have an award! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to try this. Bruschetta is my husbands favorite, but I have yet to conquer this food. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. could eat that everyday
    seriously!

    love your recipe
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum.Yum.Yum. I have never thought to use pine nuts. Stopping by from Sunday Showcase Party.
    -Mama E
    www.homeandheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh if only it would get sunny enough here to enjoy fresh tomatoes and herbs from my garden! our weather really stinks this year! I'm longing for summer! that looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bruchetta, and there are so many subtle differences you can make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! Thank so much for sharing - I can't wait to try. Thanks for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh ~ I need to make that this weekend !! yummy I love bruchetta! yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!