Thursday, April 15, 2010

~ lightsaber invites ~


this is what i have been working on lately!

noahs birthday party!


we had to schedule it a couple of weeks after his true birthday to accommodate my wants!


i wanted to show you the invitations!


i think they turned out cute!


you know how i like the "3-d" look for invitations!


they were very easy and very inexpensive!



all you need is a swimming noodle, silver duck tape,

both from the dollar store!

and vellum paper, spray adhesive, and an electric knife!



just cut the noodle in the desired length with your electric knife, cover one end with electrical tape, print out your party info onto the vellum paper, cut to size, and spray the adhesive onto the paper and attach to the noodle!


tada!



you have a lightsaber invite!




pretty cute, huh?!




Calling all Jedi Knights!



You're invited to a galaxy far, far away to celebrate Noah's 8th birthday!


Prepare for battle, food, and fun!



Please RSVP to the Jedi Council



Please leave all weapons at home!



All you need will be provided!






cant wait to show you more details!


*julie
i linked this crafty invite to
diy day at soft place to land

16 comments:

  1. Cute! My son would get a kick out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie - these invites are very sweet. My son is 5 tomorrow so I am in party planning season too! I need some inspiration! This is perfect. Love it. He is getting light saber (a must for every boy hey?) for his birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Any kid would be trilled to get that invite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I hope his part goes great, I can't wait to see pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you are so creative!! These invites are adorable! Did you come up with this idea yourself?? If you did, wow, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain't believing how cute this is! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously... that is such a cool idea. How fun would that be to receive that! A boy's dream invite. Way to go... can't wait to see what is in store for later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool! can't wait to see more details! i bet it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those are just too cool! I can't wait to see the party pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! You come up with some of the best party ideas! I hope Noah has a Blast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Julie they turned out so great!!! Bet your son just loved them!

    Hugs ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable! I am all for a creative invitation! Stop by the Sunday Showcase party if you get a chance! You did a great job on these - Can't wait to see what you come up with for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORABLE. I have three boys and they all LOVE Star Wars. I've done a few Star Wars projects at my house, too. If you're interested in some cute Star Wars artwork, come over and read this: http://katandgray.blogspot.com/2009/09/finally-finished.html . The boys are so happy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute idea. I am sure the boys at your son's party are never gonna forget receiving one of these invites. Have a great weekend!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so creative and a clever idea! I always love a good invitation and these are perfect! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the coolest birthday invite ever! We are doing a Ben10 birthday party at the end of the month and I am looking for crafty ideas, I wish that Cooper had decided on Star Wars! :D

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!