Monday, March 1, 2010

~my "forever" house wish list~ the front door

you girls are so great!


what support and encouragement!


now dont get me wrong, i know i am very, very blessed to own the house we have. to be able to pay for the house we have. i thank God every night for the many blessings He has given me! i just have this wonderful vision in my crazy head. i do not want a huge, expensive, outrageous house. i would love a little more land with mature trees and just a few other wonderful things. i thought it would be fun to show you some of the things on my wish list for my "forever" house. so, i thought it only appropriate to start with the front door.


source unknown

the first impression!

i would love a few front steps up to my front door. just a few because remember, i want to grow old here and i would need to get up those stairs for the rest of my life. hehe! but i just think stairs are inviting and charming. and i would have fun decorating them for the holidays especially with those pumpkins for fall! ah! i love this entry! the stairs, the light fixtures, the shutters, the transom, which will be coming up in a future post, and that door! i have always wanted a glass front door. i have been thinking about it for awhile in this house however i tend to run across the house in my pjs and sorts. (i am trying to be a good neighbor. hehe!) i love everything about this entry!

bhg


i also love double doors. they are so grand and welcoming! i know it would be double the expense for hanging two wreaths on two doors but i think its just yummy! again i have thought about this in my house but we would probably have to do some custom work to fit double doors where my single door is now.


bhg

the dutch door! wonderfully beautiful! i can just picture having the door opened just like in this picture with the breeze and birds chirping however then the freak comes out in me and i think of flies and other buggy bugs flying and crawling into my house! eek! i do not do bugs! but i do so love the dutch door!


so, i hope you enjoyed the first stop in my "forever" house tour! come back and see the other details i want for this "forever" house.

enjoy


*julie

8 comments:

  1. Love the dutch door! I am there with you in the bugs.... what what if a chirping bird flies in....yikes! I have had a few birds in a house and they are no fun to get rid of, I may risk it again for that door though!

    Have a great day and can't wait to see the rest of your forever home.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that first front door especially!!!
    & you crack me up....birdies & bugs in the house....if you live in california , does that happen there? or just down south! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! The front door tells the world about those behind them. Love them all.

    Have a great week.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dutch door and entry way are incredible.

    My, my, maybe I need to start a file on my forever house.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie...

    Ah, such pretty doors!!! Love them! And you asked what I'm doing to lose the weight...I'm using the Weight Watchers points system. I did it after my last two kids, and it worked both times....I've just been lazy since my littlest was born, but decided it was time to get to it. I really recommend the points system...it allows you to learn to make food choices instead of getting told what to eat like they do in a lot of weight loss programs. Hope this helps!!

    xoxo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie, I just discovered your blog and it's great! Funny you should write about this b/c I started a Dream House File when I was 14....and I still have it. Of course, I've added to it through the years, but I'm amazed at how many things in it I still adore. Some of the photos I dreamed over are things that are finally a part of my forever home now and some may never come, but that is one file I will never part with.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!