Friday, March 5, 2010

~my "forever" house wish list~ the living room



the next stop on this "tour" is the living room.




this is where we come together to be together!

it needs to be beautiful, casual, peaceful, and comfy!

i think these rooms would work! dont you?



i love this room! i have seen it many times. i love the wood floors, the furniture pieces, the mirrors on the wall, and that transom window above the door! i also love the slipcovers which i do have already. (hmmmm. i wonder what the upstairs looks like?)



and this one makes me happy! i do want a fireplace (which i do have one now, because you know we need them here in florida! hehe!) and this fireplace is very cozy and beautiful with its chippy paint! love!!!


this one is fun with its blue and green painted pieces. great way to use color! if i had hardwood floors i would do this dark walnut color. i think it compliments the white perfectly.





so, heres a hint about the next room.

come hungry!



*julie




all the wonderful pictures are from country living

4 comments:

  1. Love the whites. I had white slipcovers for awhile, but my kids were so hard on them that I was washing every month. So I caved and took a break. One day I will have whites again!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bloggy friend! I have to say that I've been following your posts on a "Forever" home and I absolutely LOVE the idea! You've perfectly described the feelings My Husband and I have had these last few years. There's something about Knowing that the house you're in is "THE" home.Something that I can completely relate to since I'm currently renting. Anywhoo, loved the post and the pics, so inspirational as always. Have a Blessed weekend and Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these rooms, the first one is my fave..I love all the mirrors up the stairs. I have been thinking about white slipcovers for a while now and this makes me want to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just browsing your photos. I love the double farm sinks in the kitchen.. and that dutch door is beautiful!!!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a visit. I have been a little under the weather so I am sorry to not have gotten back to you sooner about the cleaning products. I would be happy to answer any questions...you can e-mail me at mmarsh824@aol.com.

    Have a wonderful day. I love your blog!!!!
    xo,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!