Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the beginning of advent!




we have a new tradition that started last year at our church! this past sunday night we all met outside of the church to make our own family advent wreath and then we feasted on moe's! what a fun family night with the true meaning of Christmas! noah and jillian had fun picking the greens and sticking them into the mushy, wet foam wreath! it turned out beautiful! now, every night we sit around the wreath, light the purple candle, read a page from the advent book, and then take turns blowing out the candle! i believe that is the kids favorite part! but, i know that they are learning what the true meaning of Christmas is!



i love traditions!


*julie

7 comments:

  1. I love that idea! I've been wanting to do an advent activity with my family for awhile now. It's fun being creative while learning about the special meaning of Christmas. Cute wreath, LOVE the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a a neat tradition! You are building many wonderful and God-filled traditions for your kids. What a legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea. I am going to try to make one! We are in need of an advent wreath.

    (I am giving away a nice Advent/bible study over on my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie it's beautiful! I love that tradition, it sounds so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love traditions too! and that's a GOOD One!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tradition, I love it!
    Thanks so much for entering my giveaway, best of luck!
    Have a great weekend,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing something as special as the true meaning of Christmas with your readers.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!