Monday, October 12, 2009

birthday banner love!




here it is! the cutest birthday banner if i do say so myself! i love how it turned out! pink, polka dots, crepe paper, and glittery goodness! whats not to love! this is a simple "wow" factor for any occasion!







i used seven 12x12 pieces of scrapbook paper, one roll of crepe paper, one piece of glitter paper, glue, and my cricut (love it!)! i, well the cricut, cut out thirteen 6" scalloped circles! i then took three layers of crepe paper and folded like a fan! i brought the ends together and glued! i used my scalloped paper cutter from stampin up to make the middle piece! again with the cricut i cut each letter 3"! i just glued each piece on and tada!







with some fun scrapbook paper, a roll of crepe paper, some glitter paper, and my cricut (love it!) this project was fun and easy!







i cant wait to show you the other little details of the party! soon!



enjoy!



*julie



ps. i am linking up over at kimba's diy party and the frugal friday at the shabby nest! you should go check it out!

17 comments:

  1. Wow, Jule, that looks great! I love that last photo of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutest project ever. Ok, how come I don't know about glitter paper? What and where? Stop by and see me soon!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which program for the cricut has that scallop!?! My son's birthday is coming in Nov...I could do a boy version! It looks pretty easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute banner. It turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't be any cuter! Absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bravo!!
    absolutely adorable.

    ps--where is that nurse image on your previous post from? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the details, that banner is fabulous. I think I must get a cricut. Is is easy to use?

    Glad you got your GC, hopefully you'll have a cup of coffee while getting ready for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am loving that pink banner! Perfect in every way. Adorable. I love the fanned paper. I wish I had a cricut so bad! My daughter would love all the pink goodness! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooooo very darling!! I'm falling in love with banners -- here is a link to the first one I've made --
    http://northerncottage.blogspot.com/2009/10/theres-nest-on-my-fireplace.html

    looking forward to looking over your whole blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. my. goodness! I love, love, love a banner! And this one IS darling! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just too darn sweet, I absolutely love it! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm new to the Cricut, but I'm attempting to make a b-day banner for my daughter's birthday. I was hoping you would be kind enough to tell me what you have to do to get the 6" circles out of a 12x12 sheet of cardstock?

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!