Thursday, September 10, 2009

vintage junky party!

well, i am arriving very late to the party! but as they say "better late than never"! i am joining the letters and numbers party at the vintage junky! i am showing some pictures around my house of letters and words! as you will witness, i love monograms and wall words! so take a look around and then check out the others taking part in the party! what fun!



first, you are welcomed with the initial of our last name! come on in!



once you enter you are then greeted again with a rather big "M"!

this is my favorite! this is the name of my grandfather who passed away when i was a little girl! he owned a mens clothing store in Tennessee and this was his sign! i love the color and how it takes over this big wall! its a great conversation piece with meaning!

my little boy who is not so little anymore used to love, i mean love thomas the train! his room is done in a vintage train theme and i thought this thomas saying was wonderful!


this is the sweet saying that is over my little girls bed!


and the last one! we have a couple of letters hanging around the house like this one in jillians room! so sweet!




thats all folks!



*julie

9 comments:

  1. love the gigantic 'M' ~ pray tell if it's vinyl or if you drew it off and painted it, and yes, the John Erwin sign is one that tugs at the heartstrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--I love it all! I especially love the Thomas saying and the sign from your grandfathers store! You are so creative--I am not brave enough to decorate like this. I am sure your home is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for joining in! That sign from your grandfather's store is incredible! It looks great! And, it is nice because it is sentimental.

    SMiles!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I always wondered who John Erwin was, but was embarassed to ask. I thought he must be someone famous that I was just supopossed to know about :) Funny. That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie!
    I am sorry, but I don't think you can... I don't know how to reopen the list... I am not really an experienced McKlinky user. Do you know how?

    SMiles!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. so FUN love your grandfather's sign!!
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandfather's sign is great! I love the size, the graphic element and of course the sentiments behind the sign :)

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! I love your giant "M". Can you believe that I don't have one.single.monogram in my house? It's true. I'm working on rectifying the situation, though. Before I'm finished there will be "s's" everywhere, lol!

    Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love all these! We just moved and our new house has all these delicious creamy walls just begging to be lettered. I am still deciding what I want for each space, but I think I am getting closer to a few decisions being finalized!

    Thanks for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!