Friday, July 24, 2009

Frugal Friday Linky Party!

Ok! I am so excited to be participating in my first linky party! Sweet Wendy at The Shabby Nest is hosting the party! Here are a few of my jars filled with different items that you probably have in your home! I have to tell you that I LOVE canisters! They are just simply beautiful! You can change them with the seasons and holidays for little to no money! They are alot of fun! So, lets get this party started!



This area is in my family room! In the tall jar I used sand and cut a palm from my backyard! Can you see the little vintage milk jar? That is filled with some shells my cuties collected at the beach!




My husband is a big coffee drinker unlike myself! When we were building our house I knew I wanted to set up a coffee area in the kitchen for him! These jars are filled with whole bean coffee, ground coffee, and biscotti! Looks like we need more biscotti!





This is a huge canister that sits atop my refrigerator! This gets changed with the seasons! Its funny how I now noticed that my starfish have fallen! Gotta fix that!





This canister is in my laundry room! Can you guess what is in there? Yup! Clothes pins! Do I use them? No, but they fit the theme of the room and are from the dollar store!





I love this little area in my bathroom! The tall jar is filled with loofah sponges that I got on clearence at Bath & Body for $1 each! The biscuit jars are filled with cotton balls and Q-tips!


So there you have it! These jars/canisters were found at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, and ebay! They can be filled with almost anything! So fun, inexpensive and beautiful! Now, go get ya some!


Have fun!

*Julie

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your canisters... and your coffee station, I must replicate that in my kitchen! Adorable. Judging by your jars you have impeccable taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty things! Thanks for the peek at your great jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your beautiful jars! I am going to have to copy the clothes pin idea! Too cute!
    hugs,
    Sariah

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can never have enough jars!!! They are so simple and elegant with filled with cottage favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    I love your glass containers. I wish I had more space for another collection like that. I love your silver tray too!

    Thanks for the visit to my blog and the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart! I love those jars and what you did with them. They are so fun to decorate with. Thank you also for your very sweet comment. I will be following ya! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love tall jars filled with every day treasures!
    love what you've done
    xo

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! let me know you stopped by for a visit!